- Server-side rendering is probably the easier option for an organization with limited technical resources. The delays are noticeable in the video, though I guess for an initial "Enterprise Imaging" offering it is probably good enough.
- Web-browser based review is also key to zero footprint viewing
- One could argue that installing an app doesn't really count as "zero footprint", I guess it does minimize IT resources for deployment
- Ability to deploy on a luminance-controlled monitor (i.e. in a radiology reading room) is probably also essential--I'm not sure Teramedica has that covered yet
- How would this compare to a fat client running on a Citrix farm? Probably somewhat better performance (due to lossy compression, which I guess radiologists are OK with?) but the Citrix farm's scalability would likely not be favorable, especially if OpenGL volume textures were being used for server-side rendering
Monday, January 29, 2018
I was reading a bit on the developing RayCare OIS , and wondered why an optimization algorithm company would have an interest in developin...
Dicom syntax can be encoded in a songle kaitai yaml
One of the problems to be addressed for adaptive treatment paradigms is the need to visualize and interact with deformable vector fields (...